Last month we profiled Bank of America’s (BofA) lobbying activity in response to their announcement that they would be charging $5 a month to debit card users. Recently, Bank of America announced it was ending this plan in response to customer complaints. The First Street Research Group takes a quick look at BofA’s lobbying activity over the last three months.
Coalition Builder Image of Bank of America Lobbying Activity
Lobbying Activity Breakdown for 2011 3rd Quarter
- Bank of America spent $640,000 on their lobbying activity during the 3rd quarter of 2011.
- Bank of America hired 4 firms and paid them over $100,000 during the 3rd quarter of 2011.
|Bank of America, N.A.||$640,000||LD2|
|The Smith-Free Group||$70,000||LD2|
|Quadripoint Strategies LLC||$30,000||LD2|
|Crowell & Moring LLP||< $5,000||LD2|
|Mayer Brown LLP||< $5,000||LD2|
Bank of America Lobbied the Following 21 Bills During the 3rd Quarter of 2011
- 112 H.R.1081: Consumers Payment System Protection Act
- 112 H.R.1249: Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
- 112 H.R.1859: Housing Finance Reform Act of 2011
- 112 H.R.2309: Postal Reform Act of 2011
- 112 H.R.2533: Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Venue Reform Act of 2011
- 112 H.R.2577: SAFE Data Act
- 112 H.R.3156: Consumer Debit Card Protection Act
- 112 H.R.749: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income.
- 112 H.R.940: United States Covered Bond Act of 2011
- 112 S.1151: Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011
- 112 S.1207: Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011
- 112 S.1408: Data Breach Notification Act of 2011
- 112 S.1434: Data Security Act of 2011
- 112 S.1535: Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011
- 112 S.21: Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011
- 112 S.23: America Invents Act
- 112 S.365: Budget Control Act of 2011
- 112 S.413: Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act of 2011
- 112 S.575: Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011
- 112 S.799: Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011
- 112 S.913: Do-Not-Track Online Act of 2011
Bank of America Lobbied the Following 5 Federal Agencies During the 3rd Quarter of 2011
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Labor
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
View our older Research Report on Bank of America here.