Today, Rep. Norm Dicks (D WA-6) announced he would be retiring from Congress at the end of the year. The ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Appropriations Rep. Dicks wields tremendous influence over Congressional spending. His retirement represents a real loss for his former staffers turned lobbyists and their clients who have relied on this key relationship. Congressmen Dicks represents the home district of Boeing his absence means the company will be losing one of their strongest allies in Congress at a time when the defense budget is shrinking and earmarks are disappearing.
Former Rep. Dicks Staffers Now Lobbying
Currently: Registered Lobbyists – Mrs. Maria Freese
Formerly: Legislative Assistant – Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
- Barbara Kennelly Associates, on behalf of The Healthcare Leadership Council
- Barbara Kennelly Associates, on behalf of The Advocacy Fund
Currently: Registered Lobbyist – Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Ellis LLP (K&L Gates)
Formerly: Scheduler – Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
- Finisar Corporation (Formerly Azna LLC)
- Apollo Diamond
- Nanosys, Inc.
- Genocea Biosciences
- Hycrete, Inc.
- Advanced Diamond Technologies Inc.
Thomas W. Luce
Currently: Registered Lobbyist – Tom Luce Consulting
Formerly: District Director – Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
- Geneva Foundation
- Hdr, Inc
Theodore W. Bristol
Currently: Registered Lobbyist – Faegre BD Consulting (Formerly B & D Consulting)
Formerly: Legislative Director – Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
- The Great River Greenway District
- National Steel Bridge Alliance
- City of Garland
- City of Fort Wayne
Currently: Registered Lobbyist – McBee Strategic Consulting, LLC.
Formerly: Legislative Assistant (Defense, National Security, Appropriations) – Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
- Boeing Company
- Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Corrections Corporation of America
- Renaissancere Holdings LTD.
- The Babcock & Wilcox Company
- American Airlines
- Applied Materials, Inc
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Google Inc.
- Port of Seattle
- Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Vantagepoint Management, Inc.
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Brightsource Energy, Inc.
- City of Phoenix
- Cubic Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- FedEx Corporation
- Honeywell International
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Incorporated
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- Science Applications International Corporation
- The Chubb Corporation
- Virent, Inc.
- American Trucking Associations
- B.E. Meyers and Company Inc.
- General Dynamics Corp
- Mdv Management Co., LLC
- San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- AMI Industries Inc. (dba Goodrich Interiors Specialty Seating Systems)
- Aspen Aerogels, Inc.
- City of Everett
- Dimension 4
- Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- GE Aviation
- Groundfish Forum
- PACE – Rhode Island
- The Pew Charitable Trusts Clean Energy Program
- URS Corporation
- Washington Closure Hanford, LLC
- City of Seattle
- Snohomish County
- Sixkiller Consulting, LLC