The First Street Research Group reviews, investigates and analyzes the data of First Street and the lobbying industry to publish exclusive reports and analysis on the people and organizations influencing policy in Washington, DC. The First Street Research Group is lead by lobbying and government data experts. The members of First Street Research Group team:
- Stephen Stesney - First Street Research Group Analyst – Steve is a political intelligence and lobbying industry expert. He is also Product Manager for First Street.
- Alexander Bronstein-Moffly - First Street Group Analyst – Alex is lobbying and government data expert and a political insider. He is also the Content Manager for First Street.
The First Street Research Group also works with guest writers. Here is a list of the guest writers currently writing for the First Street Research Group:
- Laurie Bennett: Laurie Bennett is a veteran newspaper journalist and internet entrepreneur. She worked in Washington and Detroit as an investigative reporter before launching the Detroit Free Press online. She is also co-founder of two internet startups – ePodunk and Muckety.
- Christina L. Lyons: Christina L. Lyons is a freelance writer and editor focused on American politics and public policy. She held a variety of positions at Congressional Quarterly between 1994 and 2010, beginning as an associate producer for a documentary on Congress and the media in concert with the Freedom Forum. She subsequently became a news editor and senior editor for CQ’s New Media department, later served as a news editor, and became managing editor of member profiles and co-editor of Politics in America 2010. Earlier she had covered Capitol Hill as a reporter for several newsletters, specializing in environmental and health policy, and covered local and state politics for the Frederick (Md.) News-Post. She holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of the Pacific and a master’s degree in political science from American University.
- Chuck McCutcheon: Chuck McCutcheon has been a Washington-based writer and editor since 1995. He is the author of two books and has written for the Christian Science Monitor, National Geographic.com, National Journal and other publications.
- Christina Wu: Christina is currently an intern with the First Street Research Group. Christina is also a current student at George Washington University where she is working towards her masters. Previously she has worked in campaign finance, fundraising and elections management.
First Street Research Group
CQ Press, an imprint of SAGE Publications
2300 N Street NW
Washington DC 20037